Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Time to Run, A Time for Change

I started this blog so there would be a voice for young people, something that I believe is sorely lacking in our community. There is no place for young people to have their opinions heard, though I hope this blog has helped fill the void a bit.

There are so many issues that affect young people today that are being ignored by people in power. So many people don’t think that we as young voters can have any valuable opinions of our own…or at least none worth listening too.

Yet during this election cycle I am proud to say young people are voicing their opinion, despite older people telling them that their voice is irrelevant. Young people are going to the polls in droves and are participating in campaigns like never before. I am really proud of my generation’s accomplishments so far, and I know more are to come. I really want to continue fighting for young people and their ideals, that is way I am official running for Democratic Central Committee of Contra Costa County. I hope I have all of your support…and votes. This election will not be easy for me. I am running aganist four incumbents. Yet if my campaign energises more young people to go to polls, be political active, or at least political aware...then me running is worth it.

No comments: